The term Emotional Intelligence was created in the 1990s and has grown to be a hot talking point in business. Throughout history, the thought behind intelligence and emotion have always been that they are not only separate but opposite one another. This new coined skill is a masterful combination of the two that can open the door to many successes; both personally and professionally. Hiring candidates with great emotional intelligence is important to creating a harmonious work environment and obtaining EQ within a managerial role creates a more cohesive workplace.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ _builder_version=”3.19.4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text text_font_size=”24px” animation_style=”fade” _builder_version=”3.19.4″ text_font=”Caveat||||||||” background_color=”rgba(0,229,126,0.52)”]
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence, or EQ, is the ability to recognize and understand emotions in oneself and others. EQ is in other words; a person’s ability to recognize, understand, manage, and reason with emotions.
In a recent survey, 75% of hiring managers stated that they valued emotional intelligence over intelligence quotient.
Why is EQ vital to workplace success?
• It creates a more positive interaction between colleagues
• It changes how employees manage stress and conflict; in addition to overall performance
• Allows for greater measures of interpersonal functioning
• Creates more prosperous leaders
• Reduces stress in the workplace
• Leads to better business decisions
• Resolves conflicts
• Criticism will be given in a more constructive manner and taken with more open acceptance
What is involved in EQ?
Self – awareness: A person understands their emotions, strengths, and weaknesses
Self – regulation: Emotionally Intelligent individuals maturely communicate emotion
Social Skills: A person can get along with others while avoiding drama and power struggles by obtaining respect
Empathy: Allows for those with a high Emotional Intelligence to understand others and relate to them with compassion
Motivation: Those of high EQ work hard for the intrinsic reward
For Maximum Effectiveness in business practice, hire those who display emotional intelligence and practice it from a managerial role and success will ensue.
Although often it is found that the skill is achieved due to upbringing and personality, there are ways to gain greater emotional intelligence….
To Gain Greater Emotional Intelligence:
- Always be aware of your emotions and behaviors towards those you interact with
- Always consider the big picture in situations and take time making decisions
- Keep others motivated and appreciated
- Listen to your colleagues, even if you disagree it is important that they feel heard