Amidst the chaos of the current pandemic, the fall in inflation is the silver lining. Consumer prices have declined by 0.8% in April. That is the lowest drop since December 200, the beginning of the Great Recession. Despite the $3 trillion in federal aid, the pandemic is still putting a downward presson prices.
The Stats: According to MarketWatch
- Gas prices went down 21% in the past month
- Airport traffic plummeted by 90%
- Passenger fares decreased 15%
- Cost of Groceries increased 2.6%
- Cost of meat surged Chicken: 5.8% Beed 3.7%